Tuesday 19 March 2013

Research into existing Music video Posters

For this blog post, I will now be looking into posters which look advertise and promote the band. The purpose of this is so that I gain a clear insight and clear idea of what is required, so that when it comes to my creation of my poster, I will be heavily aware of what I need to do and particularly what I am required to include.

Existing Posters:



Above is the first music Poster which I will be looking at. The poster above is of the London based artist Wretch 32, and his album Wretchrospective. This poster certainly stands out and this is due to the colour scheme and font type used within the poster.

What I like about this poster?
  • The standard use of white, blue and black works well and these colours blend in well successfully.
  • The background image represents what Wretch 32's music is about and what his image stands for.
  • The text in the poster has that urban feel and vibe towards it, which again suggests the genre of Wretch 32's music
What does this poster include?
  • The artists name
  • The name of the album
  • The artists record label
  • Where the album is available to be purchased from
  • An appropriate colour scheme
  • Information about which artists feature on the album
  • The release date of the album


The poster which I have provided above is of the artists Mariah Carey and her single which is entitled Thank God I Found you. This is a very basic poster in comparison to the first one which I posted. The idea of simplicity works well within this poster as the poster does what it needs to do, which is to solely promote the artist.

What I like about this poster?
  • I like the colours in this poster. Although the colour of blue is dominant, the rainbow in the background adds a happy vibe, mood and atmosphere.
  • The use of the background image works well as it is of the sky and the connotation which i receive, is that the sky s the limit and that Mariah Carey's single is on top.
  • The font is rather cool within the poster as it looks basic; however it gels well with the atmosphere of the poster.
  • The image of Mariah Carey is tenderly attractive; therefore this will attract a larger demographic of target audience
What does this poster include?
  • A main image of the artist
  • Relevant text about the single title
  • The release date of the single
  • The artists first name

No comments:

Post a Comment