Tuesday 25 September 2012

Journal - Week 1

This is my first journal post. I will be posting regulary on a weekly basis, in order to provide signs of progression in which I am making with my music video project. At current I have chosen what song I owuld like to do my musidc video on, and I am also currently negotiating between ideas of what ot include in my video, in order to make it look as creative, and effective as possible.


What have I done this week in Media?
This week in Media I have completed the following:
  • I have chosen which song I would like to base my music video on. The song being Sabi - Wild Heart
  • I have started brainstorming ideas, of what I would like to include in my music video
  • I have looked into different artists, and analysed their videos
  • I have researched into Andrew Goodwin's theory
  • I have created and completed my case study of a well established music video director

The song I have chosen:
Below is the song I have chosen


 Sabi - Wild Heart
Why have I decided to use this song?
I have chosen to use this particualr song, simply because I feel that it is a good up-tempo song, which has an inner message; which can solely be expressed with a music video. The lyrics within th esong are appealing, useful and more importantly meaningful.
Ideas in which I have:
At current, I have a few intial ideas in which potentially require developing. My ideas are as follows:
  •  As the song is entitled "Wild Heart", I feel to use the item of a heart, to good effect
  • I would like to match the visuals with the lyrics, which is commonly found in a lot of videos
  • I would like to have a narrative element, simply because it would add good meaning to the song
  • I would like to use a lot of cross cutting - Again this is typically found in a music video
  • I would like to potentially use a time lapse as it would be relevant ot the song and the narrative element ideology I have

What's next?
Fo rthe rest of week, I will continue brainstorming ideas, and eventually upon brainstorming, I will be able to develop ideas, in which I will potentially use in my music video. I will also look into creating my brief as the briefs in which I was given, does not fit in with my choice of artist. Therefore, I will dedicate, a blog post to my own brief, and wha tmy artist name will be; as well as my artists character will be explained.



No comments:

Post a Comment